Alfa Romeo Services @ The Alfa Workshop
We are an independent specialist garage and we specialize in the servicing, repair, tuning, renovation, and supply of parts for all ages of Alfa Romeo cars. We are located in Royston, on the border of Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, and Essex and within very easy reach of London.
The Alfa Workshop was set up in 1985 by me, Jamie Porter and as an Alfa Romeo enthusiast and mechanic I was aware of the lack of specialist help then available to the Alfa owner due to their innovative technology and unconventional design. Many garages will refuse to work on an Alfa Romeo or do a substandard job.
The Alfa Workshop was founded to solve these problems, hence the '...run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts...' label. We quickly established ourselves as the UK's leading independent Alfa Romeo specialist. Catering for all models, old and new. The Alfa Workshop has the equipment and expertise to undertake any job on-site, maintaining an unrivaled level of quality. We pride ourselves on having both the correct tools and the necessary understanding to be able to carry out any job on an Alfa Romeo.
Wherever possible we like to do all repairs on-site in order to maintain the all-important quality control. In order to do this, we have a machine shop on the premises and we have a comprehensive range of Alfa Romeo specialist tools (see below). In July 2018 we expanded, doubling the size of our workshop and fitted a further three ramps, this has also allowed us to build a dedicated clean room for engine building together with an expanded machine shop. We have also provided an area especially for restoration work so that we can separate that from the day-to-day servicing work we do.
All these new facilities are complemented by our dedicated waiting area with views of the cars being serviced as well as an extensive selection of Alfa Romeo loan cars.
To find out what Alfa owners think of our service please try the UK's largest Alfa Romeo forum and get an independent opinion.
Alfa Workshop Services
• Servicing, all Alfa Romeo models (Servicing Costs)
• Part sourcing and supply
• Restoration of classic Alfa's
• Race car preparation
• Breakdown recovery
• KTS300: Fault diagnosis (interrogates the fault memory of 1980's Alfa's)
• Vantage oscilloscope and labscope
• Air Conditioning R12 and R134
• Ignition modules tested
• Machine shop on site
• 20 Tonne press
• Early Boschâ„¢ fuel injection systems tested (for cars with no onboard diagnosis eg: GTV6)
• Fully equipped with Alfa Romeo Special Tools
• Alfa Romeo Examiner HD
• Alfa Romeo WiTech Plus
• Cylinder head resurfacing
• Head preparation bench
• Valve resurfacing
• Extensive range of jets for Webber and Dellorto carburetors
• Mig and Tig Welders on site
• Fuel Pressure testing equipment
• Track and Camber gauges
• Pressure washer and valeting service
• The Workshop is fully Snap-onâ„¢ equipped